In psychological applications, we supply complete systems to measure physiological activity during custom cognitive tasks. For example, in several psychology research projects:
- we designed specific tasks to assess impulsivity and aggression;
- built physiological monitoring and data collection system which was fully integrated with the cognitive tasks;
- we trained the research assistants in the operation of the system;
- we processed the physiological data and provided researchers with files ready for immediate statistical analysis.
Our customized cognitive tasks for research studies include:
- tapping tasks,
- several versions of the Stop Signal Task (including a video game version),
- the Eriksen Flankers Task,
- several versions of gambling tasks for children and adults,
- Stroop-type tasks,
- continuous performance tasks with aggression paradigm.
These tasks are designed to collect virtually every event that occurs during a task. This capability enables researchers to ask very specific questions, such as: do impulsive children slow down and work more cautiously after making an error? We have provided speciality analyses for researchers who have completed a study but need further analyses.